Příspěvek úte 21. lis 2017 11:41:20

Prater added a 30-yard field goal to make it a six-point gam

Its one of my biggest pet peeves in football and it happens all over the world and it happens often. Jansen Harkins Jersey . Moreover, it makes the game a little less beautiful. I call it the "deliberate handball swindle." A player, believing hes been fouled, grabs the ball while falling to the ground, forcing the referee into making a decision in the players favour. As a long suffering observer of CONCACAF, Ill cynically assume that this technique originated in Central America and spread like a disease to the rest of the world. Unfortunately, FIFA has allowed the plague to fester...until recently it seems. More and more, we are seeing officials make the correct decision, by giving a free kick in the other direction, while brandishing the yellow card that is automatically awarded for intentionally handling the ball. Unfortunately for Whitecaps fans, it was a Vancouver player that fell victim to that modern interpretation and, because Mattias Laba was already in the book, it was an indisputable sending off in the Whitecaps 2-1 loss to Colorado Rapids on Saturday. Was Laba pulled back by Nick Labrocca in the 77th minute and might a foul have been awarded? Yes. But there were a full two steamboats between Laba tumbling to the ground and the Argentine midfielder grabbing the ball. Enough time for the referee to blow his whistle, which he didnt, and enough time for Laba to consider the circumstances - already on a yellow with his team leading by a goal. Perhaps in his home country, in front of a huge crowd, a referee might have caved to the con and we see that all the time. I sympathize with officials who are constantly being put in a position of having to interpret deceit. So for the good of the game, Im glad Ionnis Stavridis construed the law the way he did and I hope his contemporaries in the game consistently follow suit and react the same way in similar circumstances. There is part of me, though, that also wonders whether in this instance, if the referee knew right away that Laba was already on a yellow for a belligerent foul just 23 minutes earlier ,as there seemed to be hesitation between him showing the secnd yellow and then the red. If referees themselves strive for anonymity and the desire to let players decide games, then, upon reflection, perhaps Mr. Stavridis might have secretly wished he had just awarded a foul to Nick Labrocca and not influenced the game to that degree. But it doesnt change the fundamental issue - grabbing the ball to force a referee into a ruling falls under the same category as diving or, as its now known, “simulation." Its cheating plain and simple and if the Whitecaps truly want to live by their slogan “Our All, Our Honour”, maybe they need to learn from this incident and encourage players to think twice about employing one of the games most notorious swindles. Bryan Little Jersey . -- Darrelle Revis says at least 26 teams called after he was released by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Connor Hellebuyck Jersey . The Detroit Tigers slugger fell short in his bid to become the first player to win the Triple Crown in successive seasons. http://www.hockeyjetsauthority.com/joel-armia-jets-jersey-c-33/ .C. - The Carolina Hurricanes hope they now have the leadership tandem in place to turn the franchise around.CHICAGO - Whether its Jay Cutler or Jimmy Clausen starting at quarterback, the Chicago Bears simply cant figure out a way to win.At least they nearly pinned an embarrassing loss on Detroit this time.Joique Bell scored on a neat touchdown run in the fourth quarter, and the playoff-bound Lions overcame two interceptions by Matthew Stafford to beat the Bears 20-14 on Sunday.We stood tall, Bears coach Marc Trestman said. We played hard. Were not trying to sugar-coat it. We didnt win. Were here to win. But I felt our players were in it to win for four quarters today but Ive felt that way throughout the season. That hasnt changed.The Bears benched Cutler days earlier, having seen enough after he led the NFL with 18 interceptions and 24 turnovers through most of the first year of a seven-year contract he signed in the off-season. They turned to the cast-off Clausen, who hadnt started a game since 2010.Matthew Stafford outplayed Clausen, but just barely. He completed 22 of 39 passes for 243 yards and hit the 4,000-yard mark for the fourth straight year, but it was hardly an easy afternoon for him.Ndamukong Suh had two sacks, and now the playoff-bound Lions (11-4) can wrap up the NFC North title with a win next week against Green Bay. Regardless, the Lions will make their second trip to the post-season in four years and third in 16 years after Philadelphias loss to Washington on Saturday.They were hoping to lock up their first division championship since 1993. But with the Packers beating Tampa Bay, the North will be decided in next weeks game.Stafford threw interceptions in the end zone and near the goal line on back-to-back possessions in the second quarter with the Lions leading 7-0.Jeremy Ross muffed a punt near the end of the first half, leading to a touchdown for Chicago, and centre Dominic Raiola stepped on Chicago defensive tackle Ego Fergusons right ankle while he was on the ground early in the third quarter.Despite all that, the Lions came away with their highest win total since they went 12-4 in 1991.Reggie Bush ran for a touchdown and 54 yards. He added 44 yards receiving, and Detroit handed Chicago (5-10) its fourth straight loss.Clausen completed 23 of 39 passes for 181 yards in his first start since his 2010 rookie season with Carolina. He threw touchdowns to Matt Forte and Alshon Jeffery and played turnover-free bball until a late interception by Glover Quin. Tyler Myers Jersey. Ive never given up, he said. You can never give up. The only thing you can ask for is another opportunity. Thats what coach Trestman gave me today, another opportunity. Like I said, I just went out there and tried to compete to the best of my ability, make the plays when the plays were there We just came up short and its really unfortunate.The Bears were leading 14-10 early in the fourth when Tim Jennings bumped Corey Fuller on a deep third-down pass, resulting in a 46-yard interference penalty.On the next play Bell — who sat out the first quarter after violating unspecified team rules — dodged two defenders and broke a tackle by Brock Vereen for a 17-yard TD that put Detroit up 17-14. Prater added a 30-yard field goal to make it a six-point game with 2:35 remaining.Prater gave Detroit a 10-7 lead with a 39-yard field goal on the opening drive of the second half. But the Bears answered with an 80-yard touchdown drive. Clausen capped it by lofting a 20-yard pass over Darius Slay to Jeffery in the end zone, giving Chicago its first lead at 14-10 with 2:45 left in the third.The Bears Jeremiah Ratliff blocked a 37-yard field goal by Prater early in the fourth, keeping it a four-point game.The Lions might have run away with this one if not for Staffords interceptions in the second quarter and a muffed punt by Ross that led to an 11-yard touchdown catch by Forte with 30 seconds left in the first half. But if Detroit let up knowing that it clinched a playoff spot, Stafford did not see it that way.We came out with great energy, he said. We moved the ball the whole day. We werent stagnant.Notes: Raiola said he did not intentionally step on Fergusons ankle and apologized to him for it. No penalty was called on the play. it was totally unintentional, Raiola said. I was stumbling out of the play, come on now, Im not out here trying to step on people. Ferguson was angry about it after the game, saying, You cant take away what happened with that play. You saw the play. ... The Lions have won four straight against Chicago. ... Bears DE Willie Young will miss the season finale after leaving the game in the third quarter after injuring his left Achilles tendon. He will not play next week at Minnesota.___Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '