Příspěvek čtv 15. čer 2017 4:27:11

Our latest road trip took us to Hudson County

3 great spots in Jersey City and Hoboken

Our latest road trip took us to Hudson County, where we visited a trio of dissimilar burger joints with one thing in common all made standout burgers. It may have been the best day of sampling so far.

"The brisket and the smoke sauce go so well together, it's insane,'' server Andy Rodriguez said inside Bareburger.

Interesting choice of words. I haven't gone crazy on this trip, but there is a real possibility I may veer toward vegetarianism when it's over. Bareburger, with hardwood floors and brick walls, is part of a nationwide chain, but we welcomed all into our burger competition. "California Dreamin' " "Draggin' the Line'' and other 60s and 70s hits on the sound system I liked this place from the get go.

Rodriguez recommended the Buckaroo cheap authentic jerseys beef, aged cheddar, brisket, wild mushrooms and smoke sauce on a brioche but the nfl jerseys cheap standout was the El Matador, a top to bottom delight with bison, queso fresco, picked jalapenos, guacamole, and spicy pico de gallo. Excellent onion rings here, too.

LEFT BANK BURGER BAR, JERSEY CITY

DeAlmeida opened Left Bank on Oct. 18, 2013 his birthday. But the foundation for the bar/restaurant had already been in place on an East Coast burger trip he took with his sons.

"Originally, cheap nfl authentic jerseys we wanted to grind burgers here, do all this crazy stuff,'' he said.

He ended up keeping things simple and focused. Pat La Freida for the meat, a brisket/chuck/shoulder blend. A cozy, unpretentious atmosphere; the space once housed a Greek restaurant.

The GhostFace Killer is a wild mix of espresso rubbed patty, ghost pepper jam, smoked gouda, sweet potato bacon tots, red onion and a mustard BBQ sauce. It's a handful.

I liked the Bankrupt burger, with cheese, raw onions, house brined pickles and a "bank sauce'' made of mayo, ketchup, relish and pickled onions even more.

Two must tries: those house brined pickles, and the sriracha ketchup. I want to buy a bucket of the latter, and put it on anything I could find.

The bar also does a weekly Burger Battle, with patrons choosing their favorite between the two contestants.

This classic neighborhood bar is one of five places to be semi finalists in both our best burger and best bar competitions. You could visit the Park Tavern tomorrow, and come back in 25 nfl jerseys wholesale years, and it's doubtful nothing will have changed.

Same dark, quiet, inviting interior; good food on a tiny grill, and a killer jukebox Johnny Cash, The Band, Stones, early Bruce and more.