Příspěvek pon 26. lis 2018 8:47:31

See where the top Titans rank in the leaked Madden 19 rating

The release (or leak) or Madden ratings — and me getting mad about them — is one of those things that reminds me that football season is quickly approaching each year. Today Tennessee Titans Hoodie , Madden-School.com posted all the ratings above 80 for each team except for the Bears, Broncos, Bucs, Bills, and Bengals (not sure why its all the “B” teams, but whatever). They did note that this was from an early build of the game so ratings may change slightly prior to the final release, but these should be pretty close to what you see when the latest version of the game drops on August 10th. So where did the top Titans end up? Jurrell Casey – 88Dion Lewis – 88Malcolm Butler – 87Kevin Byard – 85Delanie Walker – 84Adoree Jackson – 81Rishard Matthews – 81Taylor Lewan – 80Let’s start with the most egregious issue here first. Taylor Lewan as an 80 is absurb, particularly when you look at some of the tackles they ranked above him. Nothing against Jake Matthews, Duane Brown, Donald Penn, and Nate Solder, but none of those guys are near Lewan’s level. Does Madden think it’s an accident that he’s been to two straight Pro Bowls and consistently ranked near the top of everyone’s “best left tackles in the NFL” lists recently? Also, if I asked you to name the top 3 players on the Titans offense right now and your list didn’t include Taylor Lewan, I’d slap you. One of the other big issues I have with this list is the omission of Brett Kern. Look Customized Tennessee Titans Jerseys , there simply aren’t that many metrics by which punters can possibly be measured. You’ve got average yards per punt and net punting average and that’s about it. Well, Brett Kern led the NFL in both categories last season and turned in the 7th best punting season OF ALL TIME, so he should be the top punter in the game, right? Apparently not, as Madden somehow has at least 5 punters ranked above him (probably 6 since Marquette King is on one of the teams that wasn’t leaked). That’s indefensible. Let’s talk real quick about Kevin Byard. He’s quickly become one of the best safeties in the game, leading the NFL in interceptions and earning a First Team All-Pro selection in 2017. If that doesn’t earn him a 90+ rating, I don’t know what does. Even more ridiculous are some of the safeties that the game ranked above him. Andre Hal (get well soon), D.J. Swearinger, Lamarcus Joyner, and Keanu Neal are all fine players, but none of them belong in Byard’s class, much less ranked ahead of him.Obrázek
I find it interesting that Dion Lewis is rated so high, but there is no sight of Derrick Henry. You all know how I feel about Lewis, but the gap between the two backs isn’t nearly that big. Finally www.authenticstennesseetitans.com , Madden has Avery Williamson rated as an 83 for the Jets which means they thought he was the 4th best player on the Titans last season behind Casey, Byard, and Walker. Imagine really believing that. I know that its not easy to rank every active player in the NFL and there are always going to be some differences of opinion, but it seems every year there are some real head scratchers in there. You can find the full list of leaked rankings here.Which rating (or omission) do you find most offensive?Titans News: Bizarro World In some unexpected news, Titans receiver Rishard Matthews has quit on the team. (Austin Stanley of A to Z sports was the first to break the story here.) He is reportedly requesting his release because he’s not getting the snaps he’d like. Boo hoo. It’s your job to show up and be a good teammate, not quit on the team because you’re not getting enough targets. Rishard was a very good player for the Titans the last couple years, but risers in Corey Davis and Taywan Taylor left him 3rd on the totem pole. While I always liked Rishard while he was here, my lasting impression of him quitting on the team will certainly leave a sour taste. His last contribution to the team was dropping an easy catch for what should have been a 3rd down conversion. In good news, Marcus Mariota is ready to start on Sunday and has no limitations, says Mike Vrabel. I will say that Mariota seemed much more reserved in terms of what he’s capable of doing physically during his Wednesday Press Conference. Conklin might return to the fray for the Titans on Sunday as well. This would be a much needed development against one of the best front 7’s in football. Rashaan Evans is seeing some improvement, and hopes to make an impact as soon as possible. Adios Rishard. As many have said, “if you’re not for the boys, you’re against them.”